Our practicals are held in “Aula Informatica di Biologia” (formerly Taliercio) in Via Paolotti. See the Calendar.
- Take your seat and log in with your own account.
- Try to read carefully all the instructions. Skim the whole post before starting, take some time (1h, 1h 30m…) to work alone before asking for help. This is a good practice as Google will help you for the rest of your life 🙂
- Save files as requested with the correct filename and within the correct directory. Instructors will look for them.
- Always try to understand the meaning of what we do.
- Perl is CaSe sensitive
- Double check that you are calling the right file. If you have a script called ‘myscript.pl’ in your home directory type:
- perl ~/myscript.pl
- Laboratory 1: Program (
Auto-completion, advanced shell usage, extra exercises on @ARGV)